header
Welcome Guest to ServerDoc - Auto Restart crashed servers and programs (game www ftp servers) with remote control panel
ServerDoc

· About ServerDoc
· Download/Purchase
· Getting Started
· User Guide
· Forums
· Feedback/Suggestion
· Mailing List
· Link To Us
· Your Account
· Linux

ServerDoc - Auto Restart crashed servers and programs (game www ftp servers) with remote control panel: Forums

Serverdoc :: View topic - Command Line
Command Line

View previous topic :: View next topic  

JimboJetset

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Command Line Reply with quote

I know that all servers can be started from the command line by using 'sdcontrol /start' in a batch file however is there a way to start/stop an individual server via the command line or is there a way to pause/resume an individual server (that is currently running) via the command line...??

The reason I ask is that I'm writing an application that needs to start/stop or pause/resume a server on a scheduled basis. As we use serverdoc to control our servers I was hoping that there was a way to serverdoc to do this. I cannot seem to utilise the web interface as it requires authentication and your method of authentication seems to make it impossible to stop/start a server without manual intervention.
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not "my method" its HTTP Authentication Smile. Good browsers support user:pass@host Smile I think thats the format, its been awhile.

Anyway yes there is. creating a file called "stop.cmd" will stop the server, "start.cmd" will start the server etc..

-> http://www.serverdoc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=3812#3812
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JimboJetset

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... I didn't mean my post to sound accusatory regarding regarding authentication... I meerly meant the authentication method you had chosen to use... anyway... thanks for the info... I'll give it a go and see if I have any trouble.

The software I'm developing will monitor the live game server logs for swearing/racist remarks etc and take appropriate action kick/ban and the abilty to publish offenders to the web etc... As such I need my software to occasionally clear & archive the logs therefore it needs the ability to stop & start a game server. My software could easily control the game server directly (but this would affect those that use serverdoc) therefore I want to give people the option of either using my own software to directly start/stop the server or to use serverdoc (my prefered option). Hopefully with the info you've provided I can move forward... thanks...
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I did have a smiley Smile

You could do it via http if you wanted to but it would be much easier to use the .cmd files, + not everyone has the web interface enabled. Then there is no worry about user/pass/ip/port blah blah.

If ya have any issues let me know Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JimboJetset

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... I did a few tests.... I'm running 0.95b and the 'start.cmd' and 'stop.cmd' don't seem to have any effect however the 'disable.cmd' works a treat and does exactly what I need....

Cheers for the help...

I'll soon be looking for alpha/beta testers of my own. Do you know of any COD2 server admins that use serverdoc and may be willing to help..?
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from a cmd prompt:
c:\Sdoc>echo "d" > stop.cmd
c:\Sdoc>echo "d" > start.cmd

(with Sdoc being the "stat in" / "Config folder".)

Just stopped and started the server for me. Yuo should use that because not everyone will have serverdoc pro (for disabled.cmd) but the start/stop ones will work for all.
JimboJetset

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry fella.... yer going to have to hold my hand and walk me through this cos I cant get the start/stop.cmd things to work.

my serverdoc.exe and sdcontrol.exe are in d:\games\serverdoc

I have several servers being monitored and each has it's own config sub-directory in the main serverdoc directory

ie..
d:\games\serverdoc\server1
d:\games\serverdoc\server2 etc...

each of these directories holds the wwwconfig.cfg file etc...

simply putting a file called stop.cmd into one of the server1 or server2 sub-directores does nothing but putting dissable.cmd works...!!

so what do I need to do to get the start & stop.cmd files to work correctly with my config.
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freaky, maybe add me to your MSN/ICQ etc and we can jump on a PC @ the same time so I can try on your servers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Serverdoc Forum Index -> Serverdoc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: