header
Welcome Guest to ServerDoc - Auto Restart crashed servers and programs (game www ftp servers) with remote control panel
ServerDoc

· About ServerDoc
· Download/Purchase
· Getting Started
· User Guide
· Forums
· Feedback/Suggestion
· Mailing List
· Link To Us
· Your Account
· Linux

ServerDoc - Auto Restart crashed servers and programs (game www ftp servers) with remote control panel: Forums

Serverdoc :: View topic - Need help with Template-rotate.dat ASAP
Need help with Template-rotate.dat ASAP

View previous topic :: View next topic  

MikeVa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Need help with Template-rotate.dat ASAP Reply with quote

Heres what I have..2 programs starting..a game server, and a server control VB script...both load on SD startup..both are in the dropdown on the template page..the problem is the star/stop ONLY works for the game server, not the server control program. There is only a RUN command in the command line for each program, guess that's why I only see a RUN on the dropdwon box....how can I make either program selectable from one remote login, one template...and which ever one they select, they can stop it if the server is running, or start the server if it is stopped?

Both programs have their own folder inside the main SD folder...but the template.html is only in the (rfactor) game folder..I do NOT have a template in the server control folder.

The easiest way is basically setup another SD, and assign it another port..but that forces another login for our clients, and I doubt it would be very attractive.

I have been paying, and using SD Pro for over 2 years...so I am not new to this program, and it has been working great...until we now need to update things to keep with the time...I need an answer ASAP if possible, thanks.

Would help if the correct code for my template could be posted here as well..my html, and command line knowledge is terrible..I admit it!!..lol
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, Just to assist others I'll post here what was set up to solve the issue.

A "Slave" Serverdoc was configured that the main serverdoc controls.
http://www.serverdoc.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=3483&highlight=slave#3483

Basically make a second serverdoc config folder to start the VB Script and point the main serverdoc (controlling the game and receiving remote commands) to the slave folder with the entries in "schedule.txt"

Something like
If I wanted start the slave serverdoc when master one starts its server I would create the following file - c:\serverdoc\master\schedule.txt
98 98 98 00 00 sdcmdstart c:\serverdoc\vbcontrol\
98 98 98 01 00 sdcmdstop c:\serverdoc\vbcontrol\

The "Master" serverdoc just writes stop/start commands to the "slave" serverdoc so ensure the slave serverdoc is "running" on startup. (sdcontrol can do this)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
grammafocus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above statement, this is a great value for me and many people here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Serverdoc Forum Index -> Serverdoc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: