header
Welcome Guest to ServerDoc - Auto Restart crashed servers and programs (game www ftp servers) with remote control panel
ServerDoc

· About ServerDoc
· Download/Purchase
· Getting Started
· User Guide
· Forums
· Feedback/Suggestion
· Mailing List
· Link To Us
· Your Account
· Linux

ServerDoc - Auto Restart crashed servers and programs (game www ftp servers) with remote control panel: Forums

Serverdoc :: View topic - Linux Cron to stop and start windows server
Linux Cron to stop and start windows server

View previous topic :: View next topic  

cpgaming

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Linux Cron to stop and start windows server Reply with quote

Stephen,

I'm trying to set up a cron tab to retrieve logs and parse them (cron runs a script that gets and removes logs from a windows game server) and I would like to add in the ability to stop the server prior to retrieving the logs from it and then when the script is finished parsing the logs and cleaning them up (removing them) have it restart the server. I am not quite sure if this is possible initiated from a linux box to windows box I do understand that it's possible thru a command line on windows (with serverdoc) am i misunderstanding the use of the stop/start.cmd file command line or is it possible to initiate those commands remotely from a linux box over to my windows game server? I do not want to stop all the servers on the box I want to specifically stop one server, grab the logs, parse them, restart the one server.

Hopefully I made some sense here, if not i'll try to explain this more properly.
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

using the stop/start.cmd files yes you can. on the Linux box just ftp the stop/start file to the serverdoc config folder.

it would be something like this..
log on ftp
chdir to serverdoc config folder
upload stop.cmd
chdir to log folder
download logs
chdir to serverdoc config folder
upload start.cmd
end session
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cpgaming

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen,

Thanks for this tip. I wasn't sure if i was supposed to upload the files or upload one and remove it after. This explains this process a bit better for me. Sometimes i just need to be walked thru a process before i can fully understand it Smile

On a side note this week (friday) my serverdoc pro license needs to be manually renewed (emailed you about this earlier this year). I will email you payment for my new key either thursday or friday and also email you so you can verify that payment was made on it. Thank you for a great product that has helped me very much over the last 3 years (has it really been that long now?) and I hope to continue to use this product for many years to come.
sanderso
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup just a file needs to be created. can be via a batch file using "echo" or ftp or yeah anything Smile Let me know if you have issues as it seems not to be working for JimboJetset yet it works for me here.

Many thanks on the kind words of support Smile I am glad you have found the help valuable Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cpgaming

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked perfectly for me I was able to ftp a empty file named stop.cmd into the serverdoc config folder and it stopped the server and then I reversed it and ftp'd a empty file named start.cmd and it started the server. Not one issue with doing either so far and I did test it several times.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Serverdoc Forum Index -> Serverdoc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: